The Stables Counselling and Equine Assisted Therapy, based in Anstead, West Brisbane, offers a counselling service for anyone looking for an alternative to room based therapy.
Equine Assisted Therapy provides an opportunity to explore therapeutic goals experientially in nature and the presence of horses.
We work with:
· IndividualsOur services are welcoming, safe, culturally appropriate, and inclusive. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
We offer both paddock, room, and telehealth services for NDIS and private clients not limited to:
- NDIS – Disability
- Mood disorders
- Behavioural management
- Neurological and developmental concerns
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Strengths-Based Approaches (SBA)
- Trauma-Informed Practices
- Art and Play Therapy
- Sand Play Therapy
Bringing a horse’s presence to a therapeutic or learning environment can provide support, regulation, and a new perspective.
Working with horses in this way can support can increase in self-awareness, as horses live in a state of full-bodied awareness. Horses are fantastic models of what it is to be grounded, using their feelings as information, expressing emotions, and returning to a regulated state.
At The Stables Counselling and Equine Assisted Therapy, we incorporate a trauma-informed approach and can help to increase awareness of emotions and behaviours that are no longer serving you well.
The Stables Counselling and Equine Assisted Therapy is fully insured, with a master’s level, accredited counsellor.