Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the Role
In the role of Support Coordinator – NDIS, you will assist NDIS participants to coordinate and implement a range of support services, in line with their NDIS plan.
You will also be required to establish strong rapport and working relationships with a range of stakeholders including People with Disability & their family members, NDIS Local Area Coordinators, NDIS Planners, internal and external service providers.
This is a Permanent position based in Darwin.
- Strengthen and enhance our client’s ability to coordinate their chosen supports and participate in the community.
- Build the capacity of the LWB customer to achieve greater independence to self-direct services and supports in the longer term
- Regularly monitor our client’s NDIS plan to ensure services are being delivered within their allocated budget
- Ensure mainstream services meet their service obligations to LWB clients (i.e. housing, education, justice, health)
- Provide the LWB customer and the NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators, within the agreed reporting frequency
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III or higher in Disability, Mental health or similar
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a disability, including supporting people with disability to develop positive relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and their families to support them as participants of the NDIS
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs reports, correspondence and other documents
- Established time management, financial budgeting, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative, to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team using strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia’s largest & leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Competitive remuneration including access to salary packaging benefits and a Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
- Supportive team environment with ongoing training and mentoring
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including NDIS, National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries contact April Armstrong at using the subject line: Support Coordinator – NDIS enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here ( )
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.