Six Degrees Executive
Here at genU we’re a group of passionate, driven people who want everyone’s lives to be happier and healthier, especially people with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage.
We operate solely for community benefit and invest back into the same communities in which our services are delivered.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team
Benefits & Culture
genU welcomes diversity, including diversity of race, culture, spirituality, gender, age, identity, ability and sexuality. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all and living the values of genU each and every day.
- Salary package up to $15,900 of your annual salary to increase your take home pay, plus make use of further Meals and Entertainment benefits
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for a longstanding, purpose-driven & values based organisation making a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 4 weeks annual leave each year
About the role
As a Senior Support Coordinator at genU you will provide high level and complex plan implementation support to people with a disability and/or mental illness participating in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You will provide support coordination within a specialised framework necessitated by specific high level risks in the participant’s situation.
Support is time limited and focuses on addressing barriers and reducing complexity in the support environment, while assisting the participant to connect with supports and building capacity and resilience.
This is a full-time role based in Werribee.
To be successful in this role it is a requirement that you:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in a discipline such as: Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, other allied heath, developmental educator, social or health science profession;
- Proven experience working with people with disability and/or mental illness;
- Demonstrated experience in support planning, working within a person centred framework;
- Must have or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check;
- Must have completed or be willing to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ orientation module.
- Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all Victorian-based workers to have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 22 October 2021 and to be fully vaccinated by 26 November 2021, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Please for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role:
genU is committed to providing accessible, inclusive and equitable recruitment processes for all candidates. For further details about the role of if you would like to discuss reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process please contact Kylie Harris on 0425 789 003 or at email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday the 6th of December at 08.00AM