- Join a supportive, friendly and fun team culture in our Adult NDIS Team!
- Strong clinical governance, dedicated clinical supervision, and professional development support
- Frankston, Mornington Peninsula & surrounding locations
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
This inaugural Grade 3 NDIS clinical lead position is based within our Adult NDIS Team in community health. The therapist will maintain a clinical caseload with NDIS participants whilst providing clinical, operational and professional leadership to our Adult NDIS Team speech pathologists.
Scopes of practice include complex swallowing, communication and cognition assessment and intervention, prescription of alternative and augmentative communication aids and provision of capacity building interventions. Dedicated training will be provided to build competency in videofluoroscopy.
What You Need
We anticipate you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology and current certified practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Holder of a current ‘Working with Children Check’ and Victorian Driver’s Licence. Eligible to apply for NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Substantial experience in providing evidence-based therapeutic and capacity-building approaches applicable to the populations seeking support through the NDIS
- Experience and commitment to team capacity building (desirable)
- Positive team culture
- Manageable clinical caseload
- Structured clinical/operational supervision program
- Strong focus on clinical professional development
- Large organisation with access to specialist staff across multiple therapy programs to promote professional growth
- Flexible work arrangements
- Annual leave loading
- Generous salary packaging – ability to access $9000 of your annual salary tax free every year, this means you are charged less tax and receive more money for you every pay!
- Parking –low cost on-site parking facilities at all sites
- Opportunity to be involved in quality improvement initiatives
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients including our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Strong focus on team health and wellbeing with support for personal health interests
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage application