- Work as part of a self organising team
- Part time – 16 hours/week across a 24/7 roster
- Located in Nowra
- SCHCADS Level 2 with shift allowances
- Generous NFP salary packaging to increase your take home pay
About One Door
One Door Mental Health is a leading for purpose service provider for those living with mental illness, their families and carers. Our community creates a safe place that connects people, our services are innovative and supported by more than 30 years of experience, and our advocacy work is putting an end to stigma through education and understanding. Creating a world in which people with a mental illness are valued and treated as equals is at the heart of everything we do.
Our workforce operates within our purpose-driven approach called Recovery 2gether. Recovery 2gether provides a simple, clear, framework of support for: consumers, carers & families; staff; and the whole organisation.
Our services are delivered mainly by self-organising teams; where team members are collectively accountable for working with the people we support and fulfilling team-tasks. Some teams are led by Managers.
The NDIS Worker will assist consumers on their journey towards independence, purposeful coping and self-management through direct individual consumer work as well as centre based/group activities to meet the consumer’s goals. . The NDIS Worker will be flexible to work across both a Supported Accommodation as well as Centre Based environment to support individual and group activities to meet the consumer’s goals. The key responsibilities include:
- Engaging them to work as a team and participate in a structured and meaningful day
- Providing one-on-one service delivery and/or group facilitation, supporting consumers to make their own decisions through a Recovery Orientated approach
- Ensuring that all relevant consumer data, case notes and goals and outcomes information is current and up to date on the relevant Client Management System
- Periodically reviewing with the consumer and with other team members the supports delivered and the way in which they were delivered
What we are looking for
- A Certificate III or IV in mental health, disability or related field, where qualifications are necessary for safety of the person we support:
- Relevant experience in working with people living with severe and persistent mental illness is highly valued
- Ability to exercise personal responsibility and work as a part of a self organizing team
- Sound verbal, interpersonal and written communications relevant to a Psychosocial Disability workplace environment
- Sound IT Competence with Microsoft programs, Consumer Management Systems, electronic timesheet and HRIS
- You will also need a current and valid NSW drivers licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Be available to work across a 24/7 roster
A copy of the position description can be viewed
Your application for this position will require you to have a Police Check (verified in the last 6 months), a current Working with Children’s Check, an application in process for the NDIS Worker Screening clearance at Service NSW and under the , a Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
Your values and our values
Our values are integral to everything that we are as an organisation and how we interact with each other, our consumers and carers. As you consider whether this role is for you, please take some time to reflect on your own values and One Door’s values. to view our values ASPIRE to work out if they resonate with you.
Please contact Jamie Barnes at 0417 829 041 for more information regarding this role.
One Door Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.