St John of God Health Care
About the business
Pathways to Care is an independent NDIS provider who specialises in Support Coordination and Plan Management. We take a person-centered approach to each participant that we work with to ensure that they access the right supports to live their best lives.
Pathways to Care currently operate in Loddon, Inner and Outer Eastern Melbourne, Western Melbourne and Goulburn NDIS regions, and are seeking a community services professional/social worker (or recent graduate of Social Work or another Allied Health degree) to join us as an NDIS Support Coordinator in our Loddon (Bendigo) team. The role is full time. Flexible Working Arrangements are on offer for the right person.
About the role
The Support Coordinator is to assist NDIS participants in the support coordination and implementation of all supports funded in their plan. The NDIA funds 3 levels of Support Coordination, including:
- Level 1 – Support Connection
- Level 2 – Coordination of Supports
- Level 3 – Specialist Support Coordination
- Provide Level 2 Coordination of Supports
- Support the participant to implement their NDIS plan
- Monitor plan outcomes and expenditure to ensure the plan remains in budget
- Strengthen and enhance the participants’ abilities to self-direct their own supports and participate in the community
- Build effective relationships with participants and their families while maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries
- Ensure mainstream services meet the obligations to the participant (Housing, education, justice, health)
- Clear and accurate record keeping of information, time and billing
- Build or support the capacity of teams to develop relationships and partnerships in local communities
Benefits and perks
- Immediate start
- Full Time
Flexible working arrangements available to the right person
Mobile phone and Surface Pro supplied.
We wish to work with people who reflect the diversity of our participants to ensure we can support individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Skills and experience
- Prior Support Coordination or demonstrable experience in Community Sector Case Management will be highly advantageous
- Previous experience in achieving billable hours targets, monitoring your hours of billable time
- A self-starter, self-motivated person who can work independently and takes pride in delivering high quality services
- Tertiary qualification (or studying towards) in either Social Work, Community Services or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience working with people with a disability
- Extensive knowledge of local disability, mainstream and community services
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with participants and their families
- Strong written and computer skills for