Reference Number 50472
Position Title NDIS Support Coordinator
Employment Type Full Time Ongoing
Entity Monash Health
Department NDIS Program., Monash Health Community
Location Greater Dandenong Community Health Service – Springvale
- Manageable caseloads and billable hours
- Focus of quality care and strong clinical governance
- With a strong clinical team, using evidence based practice to deliver effective supports
NDIS Support Coordinator – Full time and part time applicants will be considered
Monash Health is excited to announce a Support Coordinator position that is available within the NDIS Program in Monash Health Community
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
About Monash Health’s National Disability Insurance Scheme Program
Monash Health National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Program is located within Monash Health Community. The NDIS Program supports people under the age of 65, who have a permanent and significant disability, to help them in their daily life, participate in the community and reach their personal goals. This is a relatively new program within Monash Health and currently comprises support coordination, Adult Continence service and allied health assessment and intervention services for both adults and children.
The Monash Health NDIS Support Coordination Program delivers a service to NDIS participants who have a current NDIS plan and who reside within the Monash Health community catchment areas. The Support Coordination team work flexibly both at home and out of a number of Monash Health Community sites including Springvale, Cranbourne and Pakenham.
About the Role
The NDIS Support Coordination Role is responsible for providing time limited supports for NDIS participants by assisting them in the coordination and implementation of all supports funded in their plan. It also focuses on addressing barriers and reducing complexity in the support environment. The Support Coordinator will achieve this by:
- Delivering Support Coordination to NDIS participants (hold an active case load of participants;
- Liaising with participants and other support services on a regular basis;
- Ensure the implementation of the participant’s plans in line with the achievement of their goals;
- Supporting participants through the interface between disability services and the broader community; and
- Committing to working collaboratively and continuously build knowledge about the NDIS for the benefit of the participant and the community.
This will be done with regard to compassionate patient-centred and family-friendly care. It will have a strong emphasis on collaborative inter-professional leadership, team work and outstanding communication resulting in positive outcomes.
The Support Coordinator will also provide high quality care while concurrently meeting program NDIS cost and revenue targets.
To excel in this role you will have:
- A demonstrated excellent understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the demands of an open competitive market.
- The ability to efficiently and effectively manage the allocated Support Coordination Budget within each participant’s NDIS plans.
- The ability to implement participant’s plans aligned with the achievement of their goals.
- The ability to develop and initiate individual NDIS participant service agreements that are aligned to the NDIS framework and agreeable by the participant and/or carers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of service recipients.
- Capacity to complete all required documentation and billing in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in working in your profession with children and/or adults with complex needs and disability, and working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The capacity to be responsible for quality of care in the service and at the point of care in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission requirements.
- Sound understanding of market forces and consumer behaviours in a healthcare and disability environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders within and external to an organisation.
Ability to anticipate key risks affecting the program, respond and escalate accordingly, such as Government policies and market changes.
What you need:
- Relevant Social Work or Community Development qualification.
- Current AASW or Australian Community Worker’s Association Membership
- Demonstrated experience in NDIS service delivery
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Current and satisfactory NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current police check and Working with Children’s Check
- Australian working rights
What we offer:
- Be a part of a growing team within a large organisation
- Competitive salary with salary packaging
- Access to professional development opportunities
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- proof of immunisation
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- reference checks;
All applications must be via the Monash Health online eRecruit system using your Monash Health employee account.
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions all employees working in the Public Health system need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of full vaccination. You will need to provide a copy your immunisation history statement which can be accessed via My Gov. The evidence will need to be uploaded as part of your application.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates that can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.
Contact Person Name Position Phone Email