Smith & Nephew
Welcome to Ability Action Australia
Ability Action Australia is a national provider of NDIS services. Our purpose is to support NDIS participants to get more out of life today. Ability Action Australia is part of MedHealth, a purpose-built collection of industry leading health, medical and employment brands.
As the result of significant growth, Ability Action Australia has created a new, high-profile role within our Stakeholder Relations team.
Are you keen to drive continued expansion of a national business?
Are you passionate and driven to make a difference in the lives of NDIS clients?
Are you ready to make your mark as part of an organisation experiencing phenomenal growth?
About the role
In the important role of Relationship Manager, your core function will be to build productive relationships between Ability Action Australia and the wider NDIS community, including service providers and participants.
You will lead business development and relationship management activities in your region, generating growth and contributing to the ongoing expansion of Ability Action Australia.
Key responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the Head of NDIS Stakeholder Relations, develop the local business development and relationship management strategy for your region of South East Queensland.
- Regularly engage with key external stakeholders, such as Support Coordinators, Plan Managers, Local Area Coordinators, and others, with an aim to build strong connections and grow referrals
- Represent Ability Action Australia at events, forums, and other networking opportunities
- Foster strong internal relationships with key areas of the business – including operations, quality, business support and marketing.
- Support the wider business by providing key local market insights
- Participate in regular staff meetings, professional development activities and one-on-one supervision.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NDIS
- Business Development and / or Relationship Management experience within the NDIS or allied health sectors, or similar
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders
- A passion for working in a client-centric, purpose-led organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health, business, or marketing.
What’s in it for you?
We’re a team that’s all about support – and not just for our participants. We offer:
- A market-leading salary package
- The backing of a supportive and engaged senior leadership team
- Flexibility, with the ability to work from home
- Regular professional development activities, team-building events, and wellness initiatives
- Essential employee benefits such as an Employee Assistance Program and generous leave arrangements (purchased leave, paid parental leave program and more)
- Extended career growth opportunities through Ability Action Australia and our parent company, MedHealth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people living with disability including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians to our team.
When you join Ability Action Australia, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.