Cire Community School
As an ASX200 listed company in Australia’s fastest growing industry, Estia Health is dedicated to caring for thousands of older Australians who choose to make Estia their home. As we continue to expand, we are striving to attract, develop and retain the best talent in Aged Care. With over 7500 employees in both metropolitan and regional Australia, we are proud to be a values-based organisation providing meaningful careers.
About the role:
At Estia Health we have an exciting new role available for a NDIS Coordinator and Behavioral Support Specialist. The roles accountabilities will be centered around the recognition, development and execution of systems the address need of our diverse-care residents. You will ensure that care needs are identified, understood and that optimal strategies are crafted and implemented to facilitate self-determination, choice, dignity of risk and continued enjoyment of life.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Compliance to the regulatory requirements and philosophical ideals of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders regarding contemporary, person centred behaviour support strategies
- Key organiser and contributor to NDIS and Aged Care residents’ behaviour support panel meetings
- Compliance with NDIS reporting and documentation requirements
- Compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards and regulatory requirements related to restrictive practices and behaviour support plans
- Training and skills development related to person centred behaviour management and support
- Internal expert and coach for effective mitigation of behaviours of concern for optimal resident care
- Active participation and collegial relationships across the quality and risk team and with key stakeholders
- And more…
The background that will make you a success in this role:
- Registered Nurse, Psychologist or other related health professional with current AHPRA registration.
- Postgraduate qualification in a related discipline such as gerontology or dementia care.
- At least 10 years clinical experience with 5 of those in a directly related clinical field.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including outstanding facilitation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive role model with a demonstrated ability to lead change through effective coaching and training
- Mature information technology skills and data management.
- Strong relationship management and advanced influencing skills.
What will we offer in return?
- Make a difference by supporting projects which have an impact on how we support our residents
- Opportunity to work on a range of projects – broadening your project experience
- Open, friendly, collaborative team – feel supported though enjoy autonomy to deliver your work
- Fast paced, progressive environment
- Close to public transport and street parking in the area
- Estia offers a range of benefits including workplace banking, novated leases and EAP services
If you would like to know more, please email If this sounds like the role for you, click on APPLY NOW!
To find out more about Estia Health and the wonderful work we do, please visit and follow our
We support a holistic approach to Workplace Health and Safety by supporting our homes with a commitment to keeping our residents and team members safe and well.
Advertised: 05 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time