Latrobe Regional Hospital
Latrobe Regional Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Mental Health and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Quality Coordinator to join the Governance team.
Reporting to the General Manager Governance this role plays an important role in:
- Coordinating the implementation of quality and clinical risk management frameworks and continuous improvement across the Mental Health Service.
- This is a key position responsible for promoting improvements in clinical practice, meeting accreditation standards and building the capacity of staff across the mental health service to integrate quality into day to day processes.
- To support the implementation of a governance system to ensure LRH meets all the requirements for NDIS (including in the Residential Aged Care Facility) and to ensure consumers and carers’ are supported to access and participate in the NDIS.
at Latrobe Regional Hospital.
“IMPORTANT: All staff employed in the healthcare sector are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 (unless a valid exemption applies). Evidence of Vaccination (or exemption) will be required to be provided prior to commencement.”
Why work for LRH?
A leading Gippsland employer, Latrobe Regional Hospital is Gippsland’s specialist referral and trauma centre located 150km east of Melbourne. We are a purpose-built teaching hospital caring for a population of more than 260,000 people.Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency, intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
- A friendly and supportive team
- High quality patient care
- A collaborative and innovative working environment
- Modern Facilities
- Electronic Medical Records
Our unique difference:
- Regional lifestyle opportunities
- Access to excellent schools, health and transport services
- Generous salary packaging benefits, paid parental leave and flexible working conditions
- Expanding specialist services with future redevelopments & expansions
Our commitment to you:
LRH is recognized as a leading learning hospital providing ongoing career opportunities. We provide a safe and rewarding work environment for all of our staff and have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership excellence, education and training.
Now is an exciting time to join our team with significant growth on the horizon.
Diversity and Inclusion
At LRH we value workforce diversity and inclusion, where individual uniqueness is embraced. We value diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexuality.
At LRH we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
We at LRH strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People & Culture team via email at noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Selection Criteria Essential: •Relevant professional qualification in a health-related discipline. •Demonstrated understanding of mental health policy and legislation. •Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the disability sector •Current Victorian Driver License •Computer literacy skills
Desirable: •Previous experience in a role responsible for quality, continuous improvement, accreditation and clinical risk management •Knowledge of NSQHS, Riskman •Certificate IV in Workplace Training and/or demonstrated ability to deliver effective education and training programs •Knowledge of RCA methodology
Contact Person Kylie Osborne
Contact Number (03) 5173 8590
Closing Date 23/11/2021