ACCEPTING INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive salary & access to Salary Packaging
- Flexible Working Arrangements (incl. work from home)
- Fixed Term – Part Time (6 month contract, 22.5 hrs p/wk)
- Located close to the CBD in Flemington (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, regional Victoria and Hobart. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing and community care services.
Your new role
Based at our Head Office in Flemington, Wintringham is seeking a Finance Officer (NDIS) to join us on 6 month Part Time – Fixed Term contract for 22.5 hours per week. Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager initially, and then to the Financial Accountant (HCS) once recruited, this role will be responsible for the preparation, billing and reporting of NDIS transactions.
- Processing transactions and producing financial information such as reporting timetables, processing of journals and supporting data.
- Liaising with government bodies to collect funding.
- Processing and reconciliation of income generated by the NDIS program.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Understanding of accounting procedures.
- Experience coordinating and prioritising tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced Excel skills utilising other Microsoft Office applications.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
For more information about this exciting role, you can view copy of the Position Description .
Applications can be addressed to Elizabeth Davis (CFO) and submitted via our website. Please submit a brief Cover Letter introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role to accompany your CV.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close 5:00pm Sunday 21st November 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of CoVid-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the CoVid vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued.
The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.