Latrobe Community Health Service
Early Intervention and NDIS Support Lead
- Part Time – Fixed term opportunity for 10 months – 9 days per fortnight
- Join Victoria’s largest and leading mental health organisation, NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH) – based in Moonee Ponds
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable
The Inner West Area Mental Health Service offers a vibrant, dynamic, collaborative and supportive work environment. We are a passionate group of people who love to work hard offering evidenced based services. We are located in the midst of the lovely Puckle Street precinct surrounded by cafes, parks and public transport (trams, trains and buses).You will help us achieve the highest standards of care and recovery for our consumers.
Your new role:
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been gradually implemented across the NWMH catchment areas, however recent audit results show that only 30% NWMH consumers have an NDIS package, and only 62% of these consumers utilise their package. It is estimated that a further 15% of consumers meet criteria but clinicians have not had capacity to complete applications.
- Capacity to work alongside mental health clinicians to support identification of eligible consumers
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality submissions, applications or other forms of written work
- Knowledge and experience of mental health services and the range of psychosocial support service providers in the community
- Demonstrated experience in working with a range of professional teams and services
- Knowledge and commitment to improvement of people’s health and wellbeing, with a recovery oriented and consumer and carer informed practice
- Ability to develop and implement promotional resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships and communicate effectively with service leaders, clinicians, consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers.
- Hold a current Victoria driver’s license (or equivalent).
Benefit of working with NorthWestern Mental Health:
- This position is an exciting opportunity to develop and improve service delivery in a fast changing environment.
- This involves valuable experience that contribute to development of your career.
- RMH and North West Mental Health is a large health network. This role offers extensive experience and opportunities for career development.
- Opportunities for professional development and training are supported
- You will enjoy excellent work-life balance. Retention and development of staff is a priority
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.