Reference Number 13836
Position Title Disability Care Worker (NDIS)
Employment Type Permanent Part Time, Casual
Department NDIS Community Support
Location Brisbane South CCP K-ESS
Classification Residential Disability Services Care and Support – RES Disability Employee Level 2
Hours per Fortnight 20
Disability Support Worker
Every year, Wesley Mission Queensland touch the lives of over 100,000 Queenslanders across a diverse range of services including aged care, disability support, mental health services, youth and family programs, palliative care and emergency relief. We have a long and proud history of supporting people in need and live by our values of Innovation, Hope, Integrity, Compassion, Justice, Empowerment and Respect. We offer our team the opportunity to change lives and make a difference in the community in an inclusive and nurturing environment.
Your new role
As a Disability Support Worker, you will provide assistance to individuals with physical, developmental or cognitive disabilities. Our services run 24 hours a day 7 days a week providing you with flexibility and work life balance. We provide services to clients in various locations in Brisbane South from Jindalee to Wynnum. In this role you will have the ability to support clients by encouraging and maintaining their independence. This role will provide you with great variety in your work including but not limited to:
- Personal care, domestic duties, assistance with meals and medication
- Overnight support
- Enable social and community participation
- Assist in implementing client-specific programs to encourage independence whenever possible
- Promote individuals physical, intellectual, emotional, social, cultural, and spiritual well being.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive in the course of work
- NDIS Worker Screening and Blue card held before commencing
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ completed before starting
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent qualification (desirable)
How to apply
Applications and are to be submitted by clicking apply now or direct online at by 4pm of the closing date.
For more information please contact Caitlin Dwyer at
Why Join Us
Wesley Mission Queensland is committed to workforce wellbeing and in 2021 we were awarded the Safe Work Award by WorkSafe Qld in addition to our Workplace Mental Health Program being shortlisted as a finalist in the Open Minds QLD Mental Health Awards. Our team is also rewarded with:
- Access to salary packaging benefits that enable you to increase your take home pay
- Discounted allied health services such as nutrition, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and remedial massage
- Access to discounts on private health insurance, gym memberships and travel
- Flexible working hours and where applicable a hybrid working strategy
Please note: You will be asked for evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application process as required by Legislation, Health Directives and WMQ Policy.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Vision is: ‘a compassionate, just and inclusive society for all’ and we are committed to EEO, OH&S, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity.
Essential Requirements Essential: Must have a current Drivers licence and willingness to drive in the course of work.
Contact Person Caitlin DWYER
Contact Email email@example.com
Closing Date 20/12/2021
Position Description Disability Care Worker – NDIS – March 2021.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.