Department of Human Services
Job reference: 463838
Location: 5000 – ADELAIDE
Job status: Ongoing
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the Business
Accommodation Services provides supported accommodation for approximately 500 individuals as well as an aged care and transition to home service. Customer Engagement and NDIS is responsible for ensuring all clients have NDIS support and managing feedback from clients and families.
The Manager Customer Engagement & NDIS is a role within Accommodation Services and is accountable to the Director Accommodation Services for:
- Providing effective leadership and management of the NDIS Implementation staff, including the ability to motivate staff and encourage teamwork.
- Providing effective leadership and management of capacity building and service coordination staff.
- Leading the development, implementation and transition to new service models under the NDIS.
- Supporting the Lead Services Coordinator (direct report) to liaise with clients, their families and guardians to develop strategies aimed at achieving high levels of consumer satisfaction with the services provided.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to the Capacity Building Team Leader and the participants and families they support in line with NDIS practice standards and other relevant practice and industry standards.
- Responding to complex queries escalated by operational staff in respect to NDIS, mainstream and community supports.
- Developing and implementing service policies, standards and procedures which enable client centric services in response to NDIS Implementation.
- Maintaining productive working relationships with Departmental staff, staff in other divisions, industry representatives, and the community services sector.
Special Conditions: Successful applicant will be required to hold a National Police Check (NPC) and satisfactorily complete an Employment-related Screening Check where this is required for the role, prior to being employed. Must hold a current Australian issued Driver’s Licence (equivalent to minimum class ‘C’ – South Australian), which must be maintained. Incumbent must be willing and able to drive all government vehicles within their licence classification during the course of their duties. A flexible approach to work. Some out of hours work may be required. Interstate travel maybe required. Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with a TGA approved vaccine and provide proof of vaccination status prior to being appointed to the role. Industry and / or higher education qualifications in service planning and delivery, project/program or portfolio management or equivalent relevant experience is desirable.
Role Status: Ongoing
Remuneration: $114 – $118,413 (ASO8)
Enquiries: Muriel Kirkby, 0457 548 620 Email: email@example.com
If you are new to the department and are invited to an interview, you will be required to produce a National Police Check, which has been issued within six months of your application for the role. National Police Checks can be applied for via the or through an .
If the role you are applying for also requires an Employment-related Screening Check, you will be required to undergo such assessment as is advised by DHS, including periodic assessment during your employment.
Cover Letter and Resume
You are required to submit a cover letter, up to a maximum of 2 pages, addressing how your skills, experience and capabilities align with the role description. You are also required to provide three work referees, one of whom must be your recent line manager, and attach your current resume via the online application form. For more information about the department’s recruitment and selection process, please refer to .
Please be aware late applications will not be accepted.
DHS is an equal opportunity employer where selection is based on merit regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, language, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Applications close: 29/11/2021 11:30 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.