TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
Aged Care Case Manager / NDIS Support Coordinator
Community Interlink – Wodonga Office
- Permanent Part Time
- 64 hours per fortnight
About GV Health
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
About the role
Community Interlink is a Division of Goulburn Valley Health, which support services to frail older people, people with disabilities and their carers. This position forms part of the Case Management/Planning team responsible for providing Support Coordination for NDIS participants and case management services to our Home Care Package consumers.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join our team as the Aged Care Case Manager and NDIS Support Coordinator.
You will be required to provide information to clients and their carers regarding the range and types of services available, supporting them to make their own choices. You will also monitor the progress of clients against their goals and assessing the adequacy of services provided. Knowledge of the Support Coordination approach to NDIS service delivery in a rural community setting is desirable.
You will be responsible for a caseload of both Home Care Package and NDIS recipients, supporting individuals to identify and work towards achieving their goals in the consumer directed care model. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other experienced health professionals and liaise with NDIS representatives and other service providers as required.
If you love thinking outside the box, understand local services, are passionate about the social model of health and supporting people in their own communities, we would love to speak with you.
We are looking for
- Knowledge and skills required to work with frail older people, people with disability and carers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A sensitive approach to working with individuals and a philosophy of empowerment
- Knowledge of case management and service delivery in rural communities
- A Tertiary qualification in an appropriate Health and/or Human Services field, or extensive, relevant experience
Our offer to you
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Applications close: 9th December 2021
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for this role.
As per the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission prospective employees must be checked against the National Disability Insurance Scheme Worker Screening Database. You will be requested to complete and submit the National Disability Insurance Scheme Worker Screening Check via Service Victoria. Your Check will be assessed to determine your eligibility to work within a NDIS role. If you do not receive clearance from the NDIS Worker Screening Unit or you do not agree to participate in the Scheme you cannot be engaged by a NDIS provider. Appointments to this role are also subject to satisfactory Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Checks. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement.
GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.
- Essential : Commitment to the GV Health Values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Ethical Behaviour and ability to exhibit behaviour which reflects our values.
- Essential : A Tertiary qualification preferably in a relevant Health / Human Service field. Extensive, relevant experience will be viewed positively.
- Essential : Sound experience of the knowledge and skills required in working with frail older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
- Essential : Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to initiate and maintain contacts with a broad range of service providers and community agencies.
- Essential : Knowledge of service delivery in a rural community setting.
- Essential : The ability to exercise independent judgement and innovative problem solving skills in day to day case management.
- Essential : Experience or knowledge of case management with a focus on planning, capacity building and financial monitoring skills.
- Essential : A satisfactory Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children Check and completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration will be required from prospective candidates prior to commencement of employment. Do you agree to completing these requirements?
- Essential : A clear / satisfactory result from the National Disability Insurance Scheme Worker Screening Check
- Essential : Evidence of full immunisation against COVID-19